- Annual Report to Parents
- Free School Meals
- GDPR Policy
- Links to Childline & NSPCC
- Mental Health & Wellbeing during Covid 19
- Pupil and Parent Information
- School Categorisation
- School Day Timetable
- School Transport
- Term Dates
- Uniform Grant (PDG) - How to Apply
- Useful Information & Advice
Free School Meals
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but DO NOT receive Working Tax Credit, and their annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190 unless Working Tax Credit is part of a four week run on.
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit, provided the household has an annualised net earned income of no more than £7,400
Please note: If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit in addition to any of these benefits you will not be eligible for free meals, even if the household income is below £16,190.
If you are already claiming free school meals for your child, there is no need to re-apply for each new school year this entitlement will automatically follow your child to the next stage of their education (e.g. in September).
If the child is moving to a new school e.g. moving from primary to secondary school, the new school will be advised of your entitlement without the need to re-apply, but you will need to notify us of this change.
If your child transfers to another school within Carmarthenshire at any other time or for any other reason, again entitlement will automatically follow your child, but you will need to notify us of this change.
You need to let CCC know if the child or your circumstances change, for example:
- You start work
- Your benefit changes
- You change address
- You have another child starting school for the first time
- Your child no longer lives with you
- Your child changes school
Failure to notify any changes to your benefit/income may mean you have to pay for any meals taken whilst you were not eligible.
The Welsh Government has produced Frequently Asked Questions sheets regarding the new guidelines for free school meals.
How do I apply for Free School Meals?
Apply online via the Carmarthenshire County Council website at www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk or click on the link below: